Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Day 2 of the yoga retreat

I had a hard time waking up this moring, even though I had 9 hours of
sleep. Aside from the cramps all over my body, I stuggle with early
mornings, no matter what. Also, meditation at 6AM was nver my idea of
fun. That would mean I should go to sleep at 8PM to be somewhat
ready. SO I showed up at 7AM for the start fo the retreat. My head
was all over the place this morning, ans sure enough, at 10 AM after
we were done and I had breakfast I fell asleep almost until 13hr. But
theis afternoon was a whole other story.... the practice was fabulous.
Yes, still sore but after doing the pranayamas and feeling sundown
makes all the difference for me.

The great thing about this retreat is revisiting it, being in a very
small group and being OK with just dedicating my time to doing yoga,
meditating, sleeping, eating and reading. That pretty much makes up my
day. I am not here to travel or visit this time. There's no pressure
(outer or self imposed) in that respect. It's simply wondeful to be
able to look out onto the Mekong and watch the water run by, hear the
dry tamarinds drop off the trees all around conking onto the roof,
look forward to rainfall. I never thought I'd say that... I look
forward to rainfall.

Mostly, I look forward to just dealing with my inner struggles,
working through the tightness and the closed up chakras, and not
having to worry about anyone else, not worry about what I can and
cannot wear today, who Iw ill see and how my hair or makeup looks. I
feel liberated and happy.

No comments: