Thursday, February 16, 2006

Unemployed and starved

Well, I have officially called it quits at P&G. I feel like I have just ended a 7 year love affair, it feels good, with the very occasional reminscense. I think the real adventure, the unplanned bit, has just started. The cooking, massage, diving, trekking.... it was all part of the time off. But when Feb 2nd rolled along and when I was not on a plane from Mumbai to Barcelona, I realised I'd just walked into a new sweet shop and didn't know what candy to choose.

My Father once said "the more you learn, the more fun you'll have". So here are some of the unplanned new things I'm experimenting with:
1) Falling off my motorbike to make love to the asphalt
2) "Hello-I'm-29-out-of-shape-and-wanting-to-learn how-to-play-tennis" therapy to flaunt my sexy purple bruised legs to a middle aged, teeny, muscly, thai instructor who claims to have trained the Princess (what-ever!)
3) A 5 day ayurvedic kidney cleanse. So, the very appealing liquid menu of coriander and parsely juice and potassioum broth made from carrot and potato shavings makes me think there's an ulterior motive driving me to do this. Could it be that I get pampered and massaged for the best part of 3 hours? First, one hour of foot reflexology on my kidney point with some sesame oil. Of course, my love of my feet has increased ten fold now that they are tanned and well oiled during this treatment! Then I get kidney, bladder and large intestine massage with reiki. It all takes place as I lay on a beautiful batik covered mat overlooking a lush Thai garden. Well at least it makes me forget for a while that I haven't eaten properly in the past 48 hours. Today, seeing I was losing it a bit, I got pity food in the shape of coconut water! From what I remember to be a rather insipid drink, I never thought something could taste so glorious! I even got 7 shavings of actual coconut in it, which I savoured like cuts of the best angus beef around ... priceless!

No comments: