Monday, November 21, 2005

Phad Thai & Thom Yam Goong

So here's what I can confidently say I'll cook fopr ya when I return:

1) Phad Thai - Thai Fried Noodles (featured in the picture)
2) Gaeng Kheo Wan Gai - Green Curry with Chicken (featured in the picture - bowl)
3) Tom Yan Goong - Thai Hot & Sour Prawn Soup
4) Tord Man Plaa - Thai Style Fish Cakes (yum!)
5) Gaeng Garee Gai - Yellow Curry with Chicken
6) Hor Neung Plaa - Steamed Fish in banana Leaves (yummm!!!!)
7) Gai Phad Med Mamuang - Chicken with Cashew Nuts
8) Plaah Goong - Spicy Prawn Salad North Eastern Style (yummmm!)
9) Kluay Buad Chee - Bananas in Coconut Milk
10) Tab Ti Grob - Water Chestnuts in Syrup and Coconut Milk
11) Nam Prik Ong - Minced Pork Northern Style
12) Phad Siewe - Fried Big Noodles in Sweet Soy Sauce

...then come another 6 dishes I'll cook in wednesday's class. We do 6 courses per day. Today I followed my friends' advice and saved most of each and brought it back to the hotel. I've offered it to the owners of this place, that feels like home. I sit out here on the porch, in their chaise longue and love to just hang.

So I decided not to got to Laos. It would've been too stressful...cause it's 7 hours on a bus only to the border...plus another couple of hours to the town where we were gonna stay (and you know how I feel about that....my chinese night bus ordeal is way too recent in my mind still!). So I'll be keepin' in touch with my 3 Philippine ladies. who knows....I may extend my travels just so I can go to their resorts on what are considered the best island beaches on earth!

I start reflexology on Thursday! I'm thinking I may become a natural medicine & massage healer or something. I may even take a Reiki course nearby.

No comments: